A yummy, better-tasting-if-you-make-it-in-advance pasta salad. It’s as easy as throwing in all your favorites from an antipasto board, and fabulous to serve at a BBQ or pack for picnics, trips, and pot luck meals.
- 1/2 lb orzo or bow tie pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 cup stuffed olives, halved
- 1/4 cup diced salami
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, diced
- 1 roasted red bell pepper (about 1/4 cup), diced*
- 1 tbsp basil leaves, chiffonade
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Toss pasta with all the ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
*Note: you can buy jarred roasted red peppers or make them at home. To make it at home – cut pepper into 6-8 strips, and place on a foil lined baking sheet. Roast under the broiler for about 6-8 minutes, until slightly charred. Remove, cover peppers with a towel, and let peppers rest until cool enough to handle. The skin should be easy to remove. Use as indicated in recipe.