A fresh, light, filling salad that works well with just about anything. Keep it non dairy or mix in some feta to accompany a dairy meal.
I love that farro has a bit of a bite, so the textures of the cucumber and chickpea go along great – and pairs really well with the lemon-mint combo!
- 1 cup uncooked farro
- 1/2 cup canned chickpeas, drained
- 2 Persian cucumbers, chopped
- 1/8 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp finely chopped mint leaves
- 1 tsp red wine vinigar
- Optional: 3 oz feta cheese
Prepare the farro according to package directions. Drain, and add to a bowl along with the chickpeas and cucumbers. Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, dijon, mint, red wine vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste. Crumble in the feta if using, and gently mix to incorporate everything. Serve room temperature or chilled.