Light, refreshing, and delicious, this arugula caprese salad has a well balanced vinaigrette with fresh lemon zest and juice. I can feel spring in each bite!
This salad pairs really well with fish, and white wine of course!
- 4 cups loosely packed arugula
- 4 vine or 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 12 basil leaves
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup lemon juice (about 1/2 a large lemon)
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp sugar
Arrange arugula on a platter. Layer tomato slices, mozzarella slices and basil on top of arugula. Chop any remaining mozzarella and basil and scatter around the salad.
Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, black pepper, salt, dijon mustard and sugar. Drizzle over the salad. Serve with extra freshly ground black pepper.