Round up all your vegetables for this super easy, healthy, full of flavor side dish. Because it’s so simple to make a big batch, it’s usually on my rotation when hosting gatherings. Even when I’m not entertaining, I often like to roast a couple of trays in the beginning of the week to pair with proteins for dinners during the week, add to sandwiches, omelettes, paninis, and just about everything in between for a boost of flavor and healthy dose of vegetables.
- 1 large or 2 small zucchinis, sliced on a diagonal and then cut into halves
- 1 large or 2 small yellow squashes, sliced on a diagonal and then cut into halves
- 2 peppers (I like to do a combination of 2 colors such as red and orange), cut into strips
- 2 roma or plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small red onion, cut into small wedges or slices
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1⁄2 tsp garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tsp ground pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 tsp oregano
- 1⁄4 tsp thyme
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Divide veggies onto two baking sheet pans lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle spices on top. Toss gently to coat in the oil and spices. Roast for about 30 minutes until soft and starting to brown.