Everyone can use a simple, delicious pasta dish in their lives. This classic pasta dish is light, garlicky, and just the right amount of creaminess. You are sure to enjoy every bite. Traditionally, spaghetti is used for aglio e olio, but I like to mix it up by using fettuccini – use your favorite!
- 1 lb fettuccini or equivalent
- 8 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- Pasta water as needed, about 1⁄4 cup
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmigiano reggiano
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Cook pasta al dente according to the package directions. In the meantime, heat the olive oil in a pan, add the garlic, salt and pepper, and sauté until lightly golden, about 5 minutes. When the pasta is cooked, drain, reserving some liquid. Add the garlic oil to the pasta, toss in the cheese and parsley. Serve immediately.