This salad brings together fall flavors and textures with the apples, nuts, honey and apple cider vinegar. Serve at your next gathering as the weather cools, or with dinner for an extra crunch and vitamin C enriched addition to your meal.
- 1 bunch red or green leaf lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces or 1 box mesclun lettuce or 1 box baby spinach
- 1 sweet red apple, cut into strips
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cut into strips
- 1⁄4 cup roasted walnuts or pecans (or candied nuts)
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of dried thyme and oregano (optional)
Assemble the salad in a bowl or platter: add the lettuce, then scatter the apples and nuts on top. Whisk together the remaining ingredients until emulsified and pour over salad.