Vegetables take center stage in this sandwich of roasted zucchini, peppers, tomatoes, and onions. Get a head started on roasting the vegetables so that the next day, all you have to do is assemble. It works for dinner on a warm day, or to take along on picnics and long drives.
Although this recipe can make 6 sandwiches, I often make 4 and use the remainder vegetables in omelettes or a frittata the next day!
- 2 zucchini, sliced on a diagonal and then in halves
- 2 red peppers, sliced into thin strips
- 2 Roma, plum, or beefsteak tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced and cut into halves
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tbsp parsley leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1⁄2 tsp freshly ground salt
- 1⁄2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 6 baguettes (you can also use wraps)
- Balsamic glaze
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place all the vegetables and garlic on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, then sprinkle the salt and pepper. Lightly toss together.
Bake for about 30 minutes until the vegetables are softened.
Slice baguettes lengthwise, and arrange grilled vegetables along the inside. Drizzle with balsamic glaze. Enjoy!