We all need a salad that’s the salad. Easy to grab ingredients, brightly colored, packs a crunch, includes avocado, and is a crowd pleaser.
Prepare the dressing the day before to to have it on-hand for a quick and healthy lunch or to bring you a step closer to the next evening’s dinner.
- 1 head of lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 1⁄2 purple cabbage, chopped
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 3 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 tsp pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice or jarred pickle brine
- 1⁄2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
Assemble the salad: place the lettuce into a bowl, garnish with the cucumbers, cabbage, avocado, and eggs.
Mix together the dressing ingredients until well combined. When ready to serve, pour over the salad.